Question Computer powers on, but no signal to monitor or power to keyboard/mouse?

Jul 24, 2019
I upgraded my computer recently, and when I plugged it in to my monitor, keyboard, and mouse and turned it on, it powered on, the lights on the motherboard, cpu cooler, and ram all turned on, as did their fans, but there was no power to my keyboard/mouse and no signal to my monitor. I had thought that the problem was that the motherboard's bios wasn't compatible with the cpu, so I reassembled my computer with my old parts. However, when I plugged it in, I had the same problem. It powers up, starts spinning fans and lighting the led on the motherboard, but there's still no power or signal to the keyboard, mouse, or monitor. Can anyone help? This is my first time upgrading a computer on my own (my dad was the techie in the family, and he passed away in January), and I can't figure out what I messed up.

Parts list for my upgraded computer: msi x470 gaming plus motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb ram
Parts list for my original computer: msi 990fx gaming motherboard, AMD FX 8370, EVGA GeForce GTX 960, Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
Make sure all cables are connected to your motherboard, including the one that powers your motherboard, i'm not talking about the 24 pin one, i'm talking about that one with 6 pins.

Also try to remove your motherboard CMOS battery for 10-15 seconds and then put it back.