Computer Problems

G

Hello,
My computer was having recent cutous where it would run for about an hour maybe 2, then it would cut out. After cutting out, occasionally it would restart straight away after cutting out, but most of the time it would just stay off, no matter how long you left it. To turn it back on you have to cut the power to it and plug it back in after 20 minutes. Even then, it may turn on fully or it may just have a blue flash (I have blue lights in the computer) and then lie dead again, meaning you have to unplug it.

I have replaced every single componet there is, apart from external such as the Screen, keyboard, mouse, speakers and computer case, i've even changed the switch for which you turn it on with, same problem.

What could be the problem, when its running temperatures are all fine, logs dont say anything special, if i can get to them. Really stuck, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
Hello,
My computer was having recent cutous where it would run for about an hour maybe 2, then it would cut out. After cutting out, occasionally it would restart straight away after cutting out, but most of the time it would just stay off, no matter how long you left it. To turn it back on you have to cut the power to it and plug it back in after 20 minutes. Even then, it may turn on fully or it may just have a blue flash (I have blue lights in the computer) and then lie dead again, meaning you have to unplug it.

I have replaced every single componet there is, apart from external such as the Screen, keyboard, mouse, speakers and computer case, i've even changed the switch for which you turn it on with, same problem.

What could be the problem, when its running temperatures are all fine, logs dont say anything special, if i can get to them. Really stuck, any help will be greatly appreciated.

What's the current power supply and have you tried replacing that ? You said you replaced a lot of components...

dingo07

Distinguished
"cut out" does that mean BSOD? or just an immediate power off scenario?

if it's the latter, then it's clearly a faulty part- either memory or ps or motherboard

do some more tests, systematically to determine which

G

It cant be a piece of hardware, everything has been changed, power supply as changed.

It just immediatly powers off.

Could it be power surges?

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
It cant be a piece of hardware, everything has been changed, power supply as changed.

It just immediatly powers off.

Could it be power surges?

Power surges will usually take a toll on the PSU, and only after a while if it is a good PSU.

Can you list the things you have changed ? I'm guessing you tried:

Motherboard
PSU
Videocard
HDD/SSD

at the least ?

It COULD very well be that the item you changed also has problems. OR, make sure you are not tripping a circuit breaker somewhere that self-resets (a long shot).