Computer Processor Choice

Feb 22, 2018
Dell Inspiron 3052 all-in-1 computer:
Intel Celeron Processor N3150 (2M Cache, up to 2.08 GHz)

compared to

HP all-in-1 computer: AMD Dual-Core A6-9200 APU (2 GHz base frequency, up to 2.8 GHz burst frequency, 1 MB cache)

Which is bette processor & is there a major difference?

Thanks.

Solution
I would go with the HP. Bigger hard drive and the integrated graphics on an APU are going to be better than Intel. The A6 is a little bit faster than the Intel but you won't notice it. Since you are buying a budget all in one, a dual core processor will be sufficient. The Intel does have 2 more cores though but if you need 4 cores for something I'd consider a more expensive all in one. If it had a smaller bezel and was a quad core it would be much nicer though.
Feb 22, 2018

I have a MACbook air which I use more. I am replacing the Dell (terrible computer & hard drive needs now to be replaced). Computer very slow. I am looking for an all-in-one Windows computer that is better quality than Dell Inspiron I have but want to keep budget to about $500 given I bought it only 1.5 yrs ago.

Someone recommended the Pavillion of HP. There is this one: HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-b016 Desktop (Intel i3 Processor, 8GB RAM Memory, 1TB Hard Drive). What do you think of this one . Processor any good? Thanks.

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

The specs you should look for are partially right. Intel i3 Processor and 8GB RAM fit your needs well, but get a SSD and read the reviews about the exact model you consider on notebookcheck.net !

Feb 22, 2018
HP all-in-one computer:
AMD A6-9200
CPU speed: 2.0 GHz (max turbo boost - 2.8 GHz)
CPU cores: 2
CPU Cache: 1 MB L2

How does this compare to (including Processor): HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-b016 Desktop (Intel i3 Processor, 8GB RAM Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

The HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-b016 is much faster; it would be even better if a SSD replaced the hard disk.

jr9

Estimable
I would go with the HP. Bigger hard drive and the integrated graphics on an APU are going to be better than Intel. The A6 is a little bit faster than the Intel but you won't notice it. Since you are buying a budget all in one, a dual core processor will be sufficient. The Intel does have 2 more cores though but if you need 4 cores for something I'd consider a more expensive all in one. If it had a smaller bezel and was a quad core it would be much nicer though.

Solution
The All-in-One 24-b016 with an i3-6100T is much better than the HP with AMD Dual-Core A6-9200 APU. Of the 3 systems that would be my choice.