[SOLVED] Computer randomly changed resolution & Now Nvidia control panel is gone as well

nichtor

Honorable
Nov 17, 2018
So I turned my computer on today and it was in a very weird resolution. In display settings there were no options for higher resolutions. I immediately went to go to nvidia control panel. It wasn't there. And when I try to open in manually it wont open at all. So I tried updating my drivers first. It had me restart my computer and it did nothing, no drivers were installed. So I downloaded them again and tried once more. Again, it did nothing after the restart. So I manually went to install the drivers for my SLI 970s and when i went to install that it said there was no hardware found for those drivers. So I went to my device manager and noticed there were yellow warning signs next to them. So I tried updating the drivers that way, nothing. I tried ending them and restarting, Blue screen. I've tried every fix i could find. I've updated windows. I have no idea what happened. Everything was fine this morning. I do a lot of work on my computer and I cant afford to have it broken right now. Literally. Every single thing i've tried isn't working. I've switched the cards around, checked both pcie slots, tried it with each cards separately. Nothing I've done has fixed anything, and i'm baffled. I also tried deleting the logging history in regedit but they weren't there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely, Nick Arnold.

Nov 6, 2019
Hey Nick,

Have you tried using DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html )? I would think it would be a software issue, however, you didn't mention anything about your SLI bridge. I would try researching how to test your SLI bridge without using Nvidia Control Panel. Also, I would see if you could install Nvidia Control Panel from the Windows Store, that worked for a friend of mine. Good luck, and I'm sorry you've ran into this misfortune...

Edit: Just had another idea. Check the GPU info in the BIOS and make sure everything is reporting correctly. Could be a MOBO issue.