[SOLVED] Computer randomly cuts off

Sep 14, 2022
I have a new built PC that randomly cuts off. The monitor will turn off, and the computer will freeze and not respond until I reset it. It happens at random and I can't get anything done with it, the whole PC is borderline useless right now. Any help?

Specs:

Super Flower Leadex III 850W
MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3060
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2 AM4
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022
I have a new built PC that randomly cuts off. The monitor will turn off, and the computer will freeze and not respond until I reset it. It happens at random and I can't get anything done with it, the whole PC is borderline useless right now. Any help?
Please list specs and if possible the condition of preferably the motherboard,cpu,gpu,ram and psu.

Also when you say it freezes does the fans and/or led keep running until you power off the psu?

Sep 14, 2022
Please list specs and if possible the condition of preferably the motherboard,cpu,gpu,ram and psu.

Also when you say it freezes does the fans and/or led keep running until you power off the psu?
Super Flower Leadex III 850W
MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3060
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2 AM4
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)

Fans continue to run after freezing, all are out of the box new

Is this the first time you have a computer as in plugging it in your room/current-location?

If your monitor is turning actually completely off id be looking at the extension lead and the plug. If its just a 'no signal' I would start with the cable then check everything is seated and then do a prime 95 burn test to see if the PSU clicks off.

I have a spare GPU and PSU for this reason so I can test if the issue arises for some troubleshooting.

May need to look into your drivers and BIOS.

Sep 14, 2022
Reactions: Vic 40

TRENDING THREADS