Computer Randomly Freezes - Audio Continues - Requires Hard Restart

semaj_619-

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hello all,

For almost 2 weeks now my computer has been randomly freezing, becoming completely unresponsive (cant move mouse, ctrl+alt+del and other keyboard commands do nothing, nothing on the screen moves) and requiring a hard restart. Oddly though after it freezes I can still hear my friends talking and I can even talk back to them.

When I look in the eventviewer I don't see anything bad happening at the time my computer freezes either.

So far ive tried:
updating all of my drivers,
clearing my computers temp files
running a memory check
adjusting my virtual memory
running a disk check
running system file checker

and finally, after all of that failed, I reset my PC as a last ditch effort. However, it was to no avail as it is still freezing all the same.

Additional info: just thought it would be worth adding that it seems to freeze randomly regardless of what I'm doing on my PC. Most of the time im on my PC im playing games so naturally it has froze the most while playing them but it has also frozen just as I turned on the PC before opening anything and even ON STARTUP before I even logged in (on the 'Please Wait' screen)

SPECS:
CPU: Intel i5-6500
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 4GB
Memory: G.Skill 8GB DDR4-2400 (2 x 4GB)
MOBO: Asrock B150M
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
PSU: Antec VP-700P 700Watts

semaj_619-

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

I tried this and it's still freezing. It's odd because some times it will go for 2-3 days without freezing and then out of nowhere it will just freeze multiple times a day.

Anyone else got any other suggestions i can try? im really desperate, willing to try anything. Thanks