Question Computer Randomly freezes no BSODs

Xnitro67

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
For a while now my pc will randomly freeze up its not constantly but it does happen on idle or playing with no bsod. Now the only idea i have is that while changing cases i noticed my OS ssd has an issue with the sata cable as it doesnt click when connected so it can just be pulled out so it could be loose. now i can play on hours on games with no issues so i know its not overheating or a bad psu far as i know.

It sounds like you keep on top of the SSD. I'd say try to rule out RAM issues first. Finding a software cause will be made difficult by the random nature of the freezes. Aside from the memory test you could run off integrated graphics to rule out an issue with the GPU.

Xnitro67

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
like i said itll randomly freeze like maybe a month or later or sooner ill never know but i mean the gpu isnt that old really maybe a few years even though i just redid the thermal paste on it

For a while now my pc will randomly freeze up its not constantly but it does happen on idle or playing with no bsod. Now the only idea i have is that while changing cases i noticed my OS ssd has an issue with the sata cable as it doesnt click when connected so it can just be pulled out so it could be loose. now i can play on hours on games with no issues so i know its not overheating or a bad psu far as i know.
I would replace the SATA cable as they are not so expensive

TRENDING THREADS