[SOLVED] Computer randomly freezes then screen turns off

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
Hello, so I’ve only seen this happen at night but it’s been happening the past few days, I don’t know if it’s only at night since I use it all day or whatever but what happens is like I’m playing a game and then suddenly it freezes and then it’s a black screen and my mouse and keyboard don’t work either but my computer is still on but I can’t do anything and I have to restart using a button on my pc or force shut down, please help

Solution
Try memtest and see if it reports any errors. Are you on the most current bios for your tomahawk mobo? Do you have a different power supply you could try to check if that fixes it? I have also heard of unstable wall power causing system instability. That can be solved with a quality UPS which can condition the power going into your rig.

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
Could be a dozen different things. Knowing what your hardware is will help.
Most likely suspects are power supply, cpu overheating or corrupted software.
Overheating is not the problem, my temps are normal but these are my parts
GTX 1060 6gb
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3. 4ghz
B450 tomahawk mobo
16gb ram
corsair VS550 powersupply

jwcrellin

Reputable
Try memtest and see if it reports any errors. Are you on the most current bios for your tomahawk mobo? Do you have a different power supply you could try to check if that fixes it? I have also heard of unstable wall power causing system instability. That can be solved with a quality UPS which can condition the power going into your rig.

Solution