Computer randomly freezes while using windows

Jun 25, 2018
So recently i built a new computer, but when i though everything was working fine my computer started freezing. I thought it might have been the drivers so i went to try to install the windows drivers. They would start downloading but would never finish by either stopping on 79% or my computer freezing. I tried redownloading windows, but it still kept on freezing at this point i dont know what to do please help....

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Can you please list your components.

You need to approach this is a systematic way.

The first thing I would ask is, how do you know if everything is woking? What tests have you done.

First thing, do you have the correct BIOS revision for your CPU.

If you can get into BIOS, get the version and then leave it on the temperature monitoring page for half an hour or so.
What is your CPU temperature doing?

Next think is to run a full memory test "mem86" (monitor temperature).
If this passes then use another computer to download missing drivers.

Once you have passed memory test we can look at a CPU stress test.

I would suspect memory at this stage, so remove all memory sticks and add just one in, making sure that it is in properly.
If you can do memory test and install drivers, then add the other sticks one at a time.

Jun 25, 2018

Jun 25, 2018

Jun 25, 2018
The specs are ryzen 2600x,16 gbs of ram, geforce 1060 ssc: i have not ran any test but everything in the bios seems to be working i will try and run these test to double check. Once ive done that ill come back with feedback.