Question Computer randomly freezes without warning or bluescreen minidump log.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Hey. I have a problem with my computer running Windows 11. At least once or twice a week, it randomly freezes and I've have to hold the power button to turn it off and turn it back on again. I don't know what's causing these freezes because I don't get any minidump logs even though I have them enabled. I have my BIOS updated to the latest version for my ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) motherboard and all of my drivers are updated to the latest version. Can you please help me find what's causing these freezes and prevent them from happening?

Lutfij

Titan
This would mark the fourth thread with the same nature of the issue.

I'm curious to ask, where did you source the installer for your OS? As for your build, we'll need some more info, please list the specs to your build, in full.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
This would mark the fourth thread with the same nature of the issue.

I'm curious to ask, where did you source the installer for your OS? As for your build, we'll need some more info, please list the specs to your build, in full.
I used to have Windows 10, but when the Windows 11 upgrade came out, I upgraded my OS to Windows 11 and since then, I've been getting bluescreens (which happen less frequently) and sometimes, it randomly freezes and I have to do a hard reset. I have no idea what's causing my computer to randomly freeze since it doesn't give me any logs.

Here are as much of the specs for my build that I can find.

System Type: x64-based PC
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor, 3901 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 4204, 2/25/2022
SMBIOS Version: 3.3
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

If you'd like any more information or specs, please tell me.

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 4204, 2/25/2022
You have a BIOS update pending;

Also, once you upgraded to the new OS, did you reinstall it?

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 4403, 4/27/2022

Alright. I updated my BIOS to the latest version. I really hope that this causes these bluescreens and random freezes on my computer to stop happening.

Aug 5, 2022
I came here to post the exact same thing. Once I switched to windows 11 everything was fine for a while.. and then I started to get random freezes. Mine are just complete freezes of the system ( never a blue screen ), which require I hold down the power button. I'm running the exact same mobo as you, but the processor is different (3900x) - Guess I need to update the bios.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
I came here to post the exact same thing. Once I switched to windows 11 everything was fine for a while.. and then I started to get random freezes. Mine are just complete freezes of the system ( never a blue screen ), which require I hold down the power button. I'm running the exact same mobo as you, but the processor is different (3900x) - Guess I need to update the bios.
Go right ahead and see if that fixes your problem.