Specifications:
Processor : AMD FXC 8350 eight core processor 4.00 GHz
2x4GB Corsair vengeance 1600 RAM
XFX PRO550W Core edition power supply
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
1 TB HDD
Asrock 970 Extreme4 motherboard
Twin frozr 7950 OC edition GFX

So my windows was running fine, ordered a new ssd.
Next morning my ssd arrived so I installed it and did a clean windows install (8.1)
all drivers and firmware are up-to-date
i randomly get freezes when im browsing the net, especially when i try to download a game
example when i try to download guild wars 2, it starts downloading..after a few seconds it goes to 0,0kb/s and my windows freezes for about a minute, i can do nothing except move my mouse around..after a minute or two it goes back to normal and starts downloading again..then drops down to 0,0kb/s and does the same, so i close the download client and everything returns to normal again, same for other games sometimes i can still use google chrome while my computer freezes and when i try to open a webpage it either says waiting on cache or waiting on appcache..hope i get some answers soon
Greets!

Edit: Downloaded and played a few other games, no freezes, just with the guild wars 2 client, any suggestions?

Doramius

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2013
I have noticed on some Asrock boards, there's a Hard Drive SATA RAID utility driver. First make sure the BIOS is up to date, and then try just having the SATA RAID utility driver installed. I had similar issues, and that fixed it. I wasn't even using a RAID. Go figure. :\

Kapouchi

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
So for my storage, I can put it on RAID, ACHI or something and RAID, so picking RAID is the way to go ?

Also when I try to install the game on my normal HDD it all goes fine, so it's just Guild wars I can't install on my SSD