Question Computer randomly restarting only when playing Valorant

Bubble_Double

Honorable
Aug 26, 2016
It used to happen me since the game launched, I thought it was a windows error and didn't bother fixing it since i rarely played the game, but 1 month ago I completely wiped my SSD and got a new copy of windows, and then I noticed Valorant would again make the computer to crash and restart itself. Before i reset my computer i remember on event viewer there always being an error about my office activation, after my PC would crash, but now I can't notice anything related to the crash. I have a cheap PSU, but Valorant barely uses any system resources, the gpu and cpu are always on 20-30% usage. I even tested my ram for errors and nothing came up. I don't know if this is related but when rendering using hardware (nvidia) in premiere pro, the render almost always crashes, and once my screen turned black but my pc was still running while I was editing a video on Premiere pro, my computer also very rarely randomly crashes on windows startup even after me secure erasing my SSD (again nothing on event viewer related to the crash)
My specs are:
GPU: PNY GTX 1660 SUPER (not oc)
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x (not oc)
MB: Asrock b450m hdv r4.0
RAM: 2x 8gb hyperx fury 3200 mhz
PSU: Cheap 500w

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your cheap PSU? How old is the unit? I suggest that you source a donor PSU that is reliably built and has at least 550W of power at the entire system's disposal, then try to tax the system with above mentioned game.

Bubble_Double

Honorable
Aug 26, 2016
Make and model of your cheap PSU? How old is the unit? I suggest that you source a donor PSU that is reliably built and has at least 550W of power at the entire system's disposal, then try to tax the system with above mentioned game.
This is the best site i found of it https://gigatron.rs/napajanja/mission-q-napajanje-500w-148642
I got it on a prebuilt system, I'd never buy a cheap PSU, this is a photo I took of it https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/406744239150465034/817833853708140554/IMG_0833.jpg

TRENDING THREADS