Question Computer randomly restarting ?

larsv8

Distinguished
Fresh PC, built in November.

Had a lot of issues early, but I thought I landed on the right BIOS version and seemed to have fixed most of my issues.

Old thread here on those issues:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/new-build-couple-issues.3668845/#post-22097970

Now, 4 months in I am getting computer shutdowns.

Last night after about 3 hours in Valheim, random shutdown.
This morning, about 2 hours in Watch Dogs 2 , random shutdown.

After the two shut downs, I updated the BIOS from what I thought was a stable F10 to the newest version F13C

Came in this evening, and it looks like the PC shutdown about 9 pm, while idle (had been idle since this morning)

Not sure how to proceed. Should I RMA my motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Are you still on the Corsair RM850x unit? If so, how old is the unit thus far? 4 months or older? If and when the system shuts down randomly while the system is under load, that can happen due to;
a| the PSU being unable to deliver necessary power
or
b| the processor/GPU are getting hot to the point of thermal protection, i.e, shutdown to cool down.

larsv8

Distinguished
Are you still on the Corsair RM850x unit? If so, how old is the unit thus far? 4 months or older? If and when the system shuts down randomly while the system is under load, that can happen due to;
a| the PSU being unable to deliver necessary power
or
b| the processor/GPU are getting hot to the point of thermal protection, i.e, shutdown to cool down.

Yes, still using the Corsair unit.

Would it make sense to randomly shut off when idle though? I can't imagine heat or load would be an issue there.