Question computer randomly restarts after changing my power supply

Nov 4, 2019
so, this may be a long post because iv been having a lot of problems ever since i changed my gpu a few months ago
before i start here are my current specs:
Intel i5 8400
b360m bazooka
16g of ram ddr4
GTX 1660 ti 6GB
750 watt corsair power supply

my first problem was after i changed my gpu from a 1060 to a 1660 ti, and i added extra RAM
my computer screen would go turn off while fans went crazy, i assumed it was because of the power supply not being able to provide enough power so i changed it into a 750w

fast forward a month later, my computer starts to restart randomly. before it happens i hear my fans speed up just a lil bit ( nothing like how it did before the psu change)

NOTE: this only happens when im gaming
i have tried everything but i really dont know what it could be.

thank you for reading and i hope y'all can help me figure this out! looking at this now its really not that long of a post lol

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
Sometimes it can be if your cables are not connected properly so try checking them and cleaning the whole pc.
Also dont use your 8 pin connector (or 6 + 2) through molex connect it directly from psu and check if it is damaged .
(also when cleaning pay attention on ports where your hardware connects and also in this situation if you dont want there is no need of cleaning ram or cpu fan but it is generaly recomended )

Nov 4, 2019
hey! im sorry for the late reply! i checked the wiring and everything seems to be okay. i noticed that before it restarts the temp is between 60 to 70, i don't know how i would be able to fix that