[SOLVED] Computer randomly restarts and gets stuck in reboot loop

Sep 4, 2019
Three days ago my computer randomly restarted out of nowhere with no warning. I continued using it like normal and then it restarted again after about 10 minutes and then got stuck in a reboot loop. I have 4 sticks of RAM and checked them all, and they’re all good. I checked both of my hard drives and they are both good. I then thought it was the power supply so I got a new one but the problem continues. I unplugged the video card and it is still doing it. I have completely no idea what’s going on, what’s wrong, or where to starting looking. Whenever I turn on the computer it normally goes into the reboot loop, but sometimes it starts up like normal and runs for about 30 minutes then goes into the loop. Any amount of help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Link to video of what’s happening:

View: https://twitter.com/maxakern/status/1169370395549556737?s=21

Solution
It can be either. 1. MB failing 2. There's a short circuit happening between your MB and Case/Cabinet.

Its hard to tell if the MB's failing, but if there's a short you can figure it out in a easy way. Do the following :

Disassemble everything and take out the components from the cabinet.

1. Find a wooden table or cardboard box make sure its clean.
  2. Mount CPU, 1 stick of Ram, on MB. (HDD not needed at this moment)
  3. Attach to 24 pin ATX and the CPU power connection on the MB from PSU.
  4. If there is a onboard VGA plug the monitor into it, else mount 1 GPU and connect to monitor.
  5. Find a flat head screw driver or metal coin to short the MB to start up(be careful and don't touch anything else). Refer to the MB manual for...
It can be either. 1. MB failing 2. There's a short circuit happening between your MB and Case/Cabinet.

Its hard to tell if the MB's failing, but if there's a short you can figure it out in a easy way. Do the following :

4. If there is a onboard VGA plug the monitor into it, else mount 1 GPU and connect to monitor.
  5. Find a flat head screw driver or metal coin to short the MB to start up(be careful and don't touch anything else). Refer to the MB manual for front panel I/O. If you don't know how to do it than Google it. If it's hard for you, then try the Cabinets PWR Connector (Power Connector) to start the MB. Don't forgot to push the Cabinets power button/switch.
  6. No need for KB or mouse at this moment.
Look if it works and you get the splash screen, and it stays. Good Luck.

Solution
Sep 4, 2019

5. Find a flat head screw driver or metal coin to short the MB to start up(be careful and don't touch anything else). Refer to the MB manual for front panel I/O. If you don't know how to do it than Google it. If it's hard for you, then try the Cabinets PWR Connector (Power Connector) to start the MB. Don't forgot to push the Cabinets power button/switch.
  6. No need for KB or mouse at this moment.
Look if it works and you get the splash screen, and it stays. Good Luck.
I’ll try that out. Thanks for the response!