Computer randomly restarts itself

WutWutInThe

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
I have had this problem for a while now and it is getting really annoying. I am usually just browsing the internet via Chrome and all of a sudden my computer will restart itself. It happens randomly, usually at least once a day. I have found a lot of people with the same problem. When I look at event viewer after the reboot, I always find the kernel power event 41 critical error. I have noticed that kernel power event 41 comes up in the event viewer approximately every 2 hours or so but my computer usually only restarts itself once a day.

My current setup is:
Asus Z97-Pro
Intel i5 4690K
2 EVGA GTX 970 SLI
Corsair CX750M PSU (tested with Corsair HX1000i PSU *problem persists)
XSPC Raystorm 750 EX360 Watercooling kit
2 Samsung 850 EVO SSD
1 WD HDD
2 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro DDR3 2400MHz RAM

My temperatures are all normal (mid 30s C)

I have seen some people replace their PSU to fix the problem and others that replaced their RAM to fix the problem.

I bought a new PSU thinking it was probably the PSU but the same thing keeps happening. The computer randomly restarts itself. I've also tested my RAM with memtest86+. No errors were found. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

WutWutInThe

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
I will try that. I have been running this setup for almost a year now with the exception of the 2 SSDs. It recently started happening but I am unsure if it was before or after I got the 2 SSDs.

WutWutInThe

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
I will start with taking out the SSDs and installing onto the HDD before messing with the video cards. It may take me 24 hours or so to get back with results as it happens randomly. Thanks for the quick reply!

WutWutInThe

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
I did a fresh install on the HDD. The problem still persists.

The above screenshot shows what I see in event viewer the moment my computer starts up again after one of its episodes.