[SOLVED] Computer randomly restarts when playing certain games

Mar 26, 2020
Hi, this is my first time posting anything here so I hope I'm doing this right.
Recently, about 2 months ago, when playing certain games my computer has been restarting randomly.
The games that have been causing this have been Wolcen and Starcraft 2. Never had a restart with League of Legends.
My GPU and CPU temperatures have been roughly around 50 ~ 60 degrees on the random restarts and I'm not getting any blue screens.
PC build is:

CPU: i7-4790k
RAM: 2x8gb corsair vengeance 1433 ram
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero Vii
GPU: GTX 2080
PSU: Corsair CX 750M
Have 2 ssd drives both samsung EVO (one is 500gb and one is 1tb)
One 2tb WDC hard drive

I have been looking at a couple of threads about these kinds of issues and noted it may be the PSU if it's not overheating of the CPU and GPU.
I did a memtest and had no errors.
I have no other PSU to test but my friend has a Corsair VX 550w sitting around.
Will the 550w be able to handle this rig. My friend lives pretty far from me so I wanted to know if it will be worth it to go get it to test it out.
Or can there be a different issue?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Solution
Well, i i got same power supply and i have the same error, a black screen comes and you have to turn off the pc, what i do solve this was to lower the clock, i don't know if that will work for you because you are using a nvidia gpu and i'm using a AMD rx 580, just try to see if it works, but if you can change the PSU do it then, and also your gpu its to way overkill to that cpu.

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Well, i i got same power supply and i have the same error, a black screen comes and you have to turn off the pc, what i do solve this was to lower the clock, i don't know if that will work for you because you are using a nvidia gpu and i'm using a AMD rx 580, just try to see if it works, but if you can change the PSU do it then, and also your gpu its to way overkill to that cpu.

Solution
Mar 26, 2020
thanks for the reply.
My PC doesn't freeze but just restarts automatically.
I am currently no doing any overclocking atm.
Would the 550w PSU be able to handle this rig?