computer randomly restarts when playing games after windows 10 fall update

stdevereux

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Experiencing computer restarts while playing games. Restarts seem to occur if I leave the game to say teamspeak or internet (I think any less graphically intense program) and then back to game. Sometimes also occurs on initial startup of the game. I've run memtest, prime95, checked voltages, temps, etc (all came back with no apparent issues), uninstalled/reinstalled (including clean) windows 10 and graphic drivers multiple times and have been on phone with MS support for at least 20 hours over the last 3 weeks with no resolution. I have noticed that if I am running prime95 torture test and playing the game it works great - no restart. Anyone else having this issue? This is driving me nuts!

Computer Specs:
MS Windows 10 Pro N ver 1709 OS Build 16299.64
ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard
Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 4.00GHz (not OC'd) with 16GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
EVGA Gold Standard 650W

Solution
please update your drivers after the windows updates as well. alot of the issues are coming from drivers that needed to be updated lately for fixes with windows. please check your mobos website for the drivers or BIOS.

you can also try to confirm if there are driver/system faults in your Event Viewer logs (press winkey+xv). in custom views. adminstrative logs.

i checked your MOBOs website. and their last driver support was on 2016. you can try using other 3rd party software like "driver booster" to help you find if there are other sources for your device updates.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
please update your drivers after the windows updates as well. alot of the issues are coming from drivers that needed to be updated lately for fixes with windows. please check your mobos website for the drivers or BIOS.

you can also try to confirm if there are driver/system faults in your Event Viewer logs (press winkey+xv). in custom views. adminstrative logs.

i checked your MOBOs website. and their last driver support was on 2016. you can try using other 3rd party software like "driver booster" to help you find if there are other sources for your device updates.

Solution

ChrisWKuiper

Honorable
Apr 7, 2015

Did you ever figure this problem out? Cause I am having this exact same issue now.

TRENDING THREADS