[SOLVED] Computer randomly restarts while gaming

Jan 14, 2020
My computer crashes while gaming, it will completely shut down and turn back on and boot into windows 10. I do not get a BSOD and windows will not create any dump files, I've tried everything to get any log of the issue. I have ran a full system stress test using Aida64 with no crashes for 14 hours, I can also run a stress test on the GPU with no crashes either. My temps have not gone out of range, I've checked those as well. The second I run any games, Rainbow Six Siege, Modern Warfare, Human Fall Flat, Overwatch, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order the system will crash without any patterns. Some days it'll crash 4 or 5 times within 20 minutes and others I'll go a couple hours with no issues. It start when I replaced a power supply with my current one, Corsair CX750M. So far in diagnosing the issue I've replaced the motherboard, replaced the CPU, tested with different RAM (brand and speed), tested the issue without GPU installed (still crashed without GPU), removed my AIO cooler fans from the controlerl and plugged into the board directly, and ran the entire system on multiple outlets out of the case. I'm not sure what else to test on the system. Components listed below:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600k
Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Plus
RAM: Viper Patriot 16GB 2400Mhz
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Storage: 240GB Patriot Bust SSD & 2TB WD Black HDD
Cooler: Thermaltake 240mm Water 3.0

Solution
Try your old power supply if it is still working; if everything works with the old PSU then the problem is with the new one. Corsair's have a pretty good warranty and they have excellent service (or they have when I have needed it). Oh, one last thing; if you are overclocking, set everything back to default settings.
Try your old power supply if it is still working; if everything works with the old PSU then the problem is with the new one. Corsair's have a pretty good warranty and they have excellent service (or they have when I have needed it). Oh, one last thing; if you are overclocking, set everything back to default settings.

Solution
Jan 14, 2020
The old PSU is completely dead sadly, I'll reach out to corsair and see what we can do for a warranty. It's pretty new so I'd be surprised if they can't help. I did try removing all overclocks and undervolting my gpu as well.

TRENDING THREADS