Dec 2, 2016
GPU: EVGA GTX 1050Ti...no overclock
CPU: i7 930
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-X58A-UD3R - rev 1.0 - Bios Version: F6
RAM: CRUCIAL Ballistix 8GB DDR3 1600
PSU: OCZ 600 watts
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 64bit
GPU Drivers: 376.09

There's 2 separate issues and I'm not sure if they're related or not.

1: Computer shuts off and turns itself on. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. I could be playing games or just browsing the web. I've seen this happen 30 mins after I start the computer and other times it can run fine for 8 hours+ and not shut off.
2: The startup initially looks fine until it's supposed to get to the windows password/pin prompt. Instead of that prompt, I just get a black screen. I'm only able to move my mouse around and after a minute or so I get a blue screen with a windows message saying "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE." After the blue screen the computer automatically shuts off and then turns on again and boots up fine every single time. It never runs into a blue screen after the first one. This happens every time I turn my computer on.

Note: I've noticed that I NEVER get the blue screen if the computer is restarting after it randomly shuts off and starts up by itself. It looks like it only happens when I've manually turned off the computer and want to manually start it up again.

Troubleshooting: I updated my bios from verison F4 to F6. The card or cpu are not overheating. I switched to a different pci express slot. I previously had a XFX Radeon HD 5770...i used the amd cleanup utility before installing the nvidia card and drivers.
This problem only started after I got the new graphics card so it has to be related to the card interacting with my current build. The only thing I can think of is that it might be related to the card not getting enough power since the 1050ti gets powered through the pcie slot. Is there anyway to test this theory?

rudy0912

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Did you plug in the PCIE power plug? The 1050ti can work without one but not all are following specs for 75w. Also uninstall the new drivers and us DDU to remove all configs. Then install 374.xx or older. The 375.xx and newest versions have a fair amount of bugs.

The graphics card doesn't have an area to plug in the PCIE power plug. I'll try DDU and installing older drivers.