Question Computer randomly shuts down when playing games using a new GPU

Nov 1, 2020
My computer shuts down without warning, when using my new zotac 2070 super mini, the crash happens randomly sometimes it doesn't crash for days then it could crash 4 times in a day, but will always crash while playing games, I have however found a way to consistently crash the system while playing Vermintide 2.

I initially thought that it was a PSU issue, and thus upgraded from a 550 W to a 750 W but the crashes persisted.

When using my old 1060 it seems that the crashes cease, I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a similar issue and if this is hardware issue (return the card, or something wrong with my setup) or something driver/software related.
Any help is greatly appreciated any more information will happily be supplied.

PC:
Motherboard - ASROCK AB350 GAMING-ITX/AC
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU - Zotac 2070 super mini or Gigabyte 1060
Ram - 16GB
PSU - 750 W Corsair
OS - Windows 10

Does it happen on every game or just on that one?
How are your system temperatures just before the system crashes?

A 550W PSU might not deliver enough power for a 2070 super. A reliable 650W PSU it is sufficient.
What's the model of that 750w Corsair PSU?

Nov 1, 2020
Does it happen on every game or just on that one?
How are your system temperatures just before the system crashes?

A 550W PSU might not deliver enough power for a 2070 super. A reliable 650W PSU it is sufficient.
What's the model of that 750w Corsair PSU?

I have had crashes whilst playing league of legends and assassins creed odyssey, so not an isolated case.
Apologies if the wording is rough, I have already installed the 750W PSU (corsair RM750x),
Graphics card sits at about 50 degrees and the CPU sits at about 65 around the time of shutting down.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
My computer shuts down without warning, when using my new zotac 2070 super mini, the crash happens randomly sometimes it doesn't crash for days then it could crash 4 times in a day, but will always crash while playing games, I have however found a way to consistently crash the system while playing Vermintide 2.

I initially thought that it was a PSU issue, and thus upgraded from a 550 W to a 750 W but the crashes persisted.

When using my old 1060 it seems that the crashes cease, I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a similar issue and if this is hardware issue (return the card, or something wrong with my setup) or something driver/software related.

PC:
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram - 16GB
PSU - 750 W Corsair
OS - Windows 10
usually unexpected and random and varied system crashes are suggestive of Ram issues, but since you say that when you are replacing the graphics card the problems go away it seems there is an issue with either the power supply to that graphics card or the graphics card itself or its driver are not as expected.

I have had crashes whilst playing league of legends and assassins creed odyssey, so not an isolated case.
Apologies if the wording is rough, I have already installed the 750W PSU (corsair RM750x),
Graphics card sits at about 50 degrees and the CPU sits at about 65 around the time of shutting down.
Check that the GPU is seated properly in the PCIe slot, also check the PSU power is seated properly.

Nov 1, 2020
Check that the GPU is seated properly in the PCIe slot, also check the PSU power is seated properly.
Everything seems seated properly, the issue primarily is the card as I have not experienced any issues on my old card. I still have return window for the GPU should I consider sending It back. As I cant see any other issues as most of the PC is brand new.

Pitbull Tyson

BANNED
Oct 28, 2020

PC:
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram - 16GB
PSU - 750 W Corsair
OS - Windows 10
Do not give up my friend. If you want to take care of the PSU later for now we can try something simple. Grab DDU Display Driver Uninstaller and run it and chose nvidia or the video card you have then back up in nomral mode install the latest graphics drivers and you should be good to go. If you are not its the PSU grab a 80 dollar EVGA 550 to 600watts in their mid tier field with 80+ bronze.🙈🤷‍♀️💯

Nov 1, 2020
Do not give up my friend. If you want to take care of the PSU later for now we can try something simple. Grab DDU Display Driver Uninstaller and run it and chose nvidia or the video card you have then back up in nomral mode install the latest graphics drivers and you should be good to go. If you are not its the PSU grab a 80 dollar EVGA 550 to 600watts in their mid tier field with 80+ bronze.🙈🤷‍♀️💯
After contacting Zotac for support they pointed me in the same direction unfortunately the DDU did not fix the issue and the crashes still persist. I have already upgrade the PSU to a brand new 750w corsair gold so I'm afraid unless perhaps the motherboard is causing an issue specifically with the more powerful GPU I cant think of what the issue could be.
thank you.

TRENDING THREADS