[SOLVED] Computer randomly shuts off, can't even get past the loading screen...

RepoDraghon

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
Was doing a windows update, all of a sudden, the fans all go full throttle and the desktop shuts down... after a few minutes, I try to start it up, it will not pass the loading screen then it shuts down, then try to start up won't even pass the BIOS.

Other tried things...
Unplug all HDDs (no SSDs) then started up the pc, result, still shuts down.
Reset the BIOS, entered it, and the pc stayed on till it's cpu straddled 92-93c for a few minutes. Observation, cpu fan not detected but was working...

AMD 6600 cpu
MSI 970 Gaming Mobo
NVIDIA G-force 750 ti
H100i v2 cpu cooler

You think it's the mobo?
If so am I able to simply replace that? I heard that if you do, the HDD won't work with the board, or was that the cpu and mobo? Or what?

I'd like to also know is there a way to test the CPU cooler on it's own and/or the Mobo?

Last edited:
Solution
I think I found out the shutdown issue, bought a cheapo cpu air cooler, hasn't gone over 23°c in about 50 minutes, however in doing so, I bare boned the mobo to the essentials to run...

I will be contacting Corsair to see if there is anything they can do to fix the H100i v2 I now have as a paperweight...

RepoDraghon

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
I think I found out the shutdown issue, bought a cheapo cpu air cooler, hasn't gone over 23°c in about 50 minutes, however in doing so, I bare boned the mobo to the essentials to run...

I will be contacting Corsair to see if there is anything they can do to fix the H100i v2 I now have as a paperweight...

Reactions: compprob237
Solution