Question Computer randomly stutter freezes and the screen moves like a slideshow.

Nov 24, 2019
I recently got a friend to build my computer for me as I don't know how to build it myself. The computer starts up fine and everything, but it randomly freezes out of no where and like stutters. The screen just moves like a slideshow. When I'm on discord, I will hear it like disconnect and reconnect but I don't hear anyone talking. Also, when I press ctrl+alt+delete, it takes awhile for it to pop up while it's still freezing, and when I finally manage to restart/shut it down, the restart/shut down circle spinner freezes as well. Not sure what the issue is.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Asus Strix B450-F

P.S.: I have an online friend who has the exact same set up as I copied him, and his set up works completely fine. It's just mine.

Nov 24, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
latest bios?
check cpu/gpu temp?
ram/hdd usage?
malware scan?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
MOBO: Asus ROG STrix B450-F
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken M22 120mm AIO RBG CPU Liquid Cooler
Case: NZXT H510 Elite
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 2060 Super
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 80Plus Gold 750W

My temperatures seem to be normal most of the time, I have nothing opened right now while I'm typing this and Speccy says it is 47 degrees (Celsius) and my GPU is 30 degrees. I've also done some full computer scans and it says there are no viruses or anything. I still have like 600GB left on my SSD as well.

The only thing I can think of is updating my BIOS, but then again, I'm not quite sure.

Nov 24, 2019
47C not doing anything. that a bit too high.
keep the cpu temp monitor on to see if there is spike when it freeze/stutter

I have speccy opened, and my motherboard does go up to like 59-60~ degrees for no reason though. I only have Discord and my browser opened. It jumps around so much.

TRENDING THREADS