computer randomly switches between Integrated and Dedicated graphics

Dec 29, 2018
i need help fast i need my computer to stop acting up ever time i open photo shop to do digital art im able to use it o n my nvidia card but just randomy it will switch to my dedicated and crash my program im forced to restart and hope my file didn't get corrupted (already happen once) and going into the nvidia control panel and switching things in there doesn't do anything

im on a laptop
geforce gtx 105
driver version 417.35
intel(r) Core(tm) i5-8300h cpu @ 2.30GHz
8gb ram

Ralston18

Titan
You are using dual monitors - correct?

I would check both connecting cables and open the case to ensure that the GPU card is fully and firmly seated. And that any connecting cables are likewise fully and firmly seated.

Also what PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

And check Reliability History/Monitor. May be capturing some error condition at the time of the crashes/switches.

Dec 29, 2018

"im on a laptop"
and its brand new iv been looking for solutions for the past like 4 hours and nothing works i changed both setting in the nvidia panel to use the gtx 1050 worked for about an hour then switched back over to integrated and crashed my photo shop also used the launch option bbut right clicking it and making it run in the it but still siwtched

Ralston18

Titan
Key is to discover what is happening and causing the laptop to crash.

Take a look at the troubleshooting tools I mentioned earlier. Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer.

The problem needs to be identified in order to look for and find a solution.

E.g., an old or buggy driver may be the root cause.

You may need to download and reinstall the current driver - may have been corrupted.

Or roll back to an earlier driver version. New version may be faulty or incompatible in some manner.

Dec 29, 2018
sorry i forgot about my post but i did actually find a solution my laptop is a little weird with its power option being a slider bar from low power usage to performance i did not know that geforce had a power option in the control panel thought that was kinda weird but who cares it was set to optimal so whenever i would input something into photo shop that was heavy on the computer it would kick on the integrated card ever since i switched it to performance it hasn't switched back over such a simple solution that i had not seen once online and i looked for over 4 hours for a solution

TRENDING THREADS