Computer randomly turned off and will not turn back on

ryanmarinics

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
Hello everyone,
A few days ago my girlfriend was playing Overwatch on my PC while I was at work and while in the middle of her game it randomly shut off and now will not turn back on. I did find it strange however that my headset plugged into the USB port on top of my case was still receiving power, but the ports on the motherboard and such do not work. I have read into the issue over the past few days and even opened up my case and unplugged then replugged everything in on both the motherboard and the PSU, still will not turn on though. A friend of mine put the PC together for me about 2 years ago and the specs are as follows:
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
Intel Core i5 6600
EVGA GeForce GTX 970
HyperX Kingston 128Gb SSD
A 1TB HDD
And a corsair h60 liquid cooler
Whenever I flick the PSU to on and then hold the power button I can hear my PSU make a click noise after about 7 seconds as well. Also after I turn the PSU off there is a clicking noise about 2 seconds later, idk if that means anything but I read the clicking usually means the PSU is fine and that the issue is likely somewhere else but I'm not super knowledgeable about computers. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.