Computer reacts as it was just bought

my computer was working just fine and last week when I turned it on it
had a blue background and only few desktop items...
it's back to windows that I had when I just bought a computer, I have
to click twice when opening folders and other little stuff...
I can't change the background or set up a homepage...
when i went to restore, none of the points I set up were there...
when i want to play music, my windows media player and real one player
prompt me to install them again..

I can find all of my files when i go to My Computer>>C:drive but
every time I turn the computer on it's back to symptoms described
above...

please help

What have you added recently in the way of software or hardware?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

wanted wrote:
> my computer was working just fine and last week when I turned it on it
> had a blue background and only few desktop items...
> it's back to windows that I had when I just bought a computer, I have
> to click twice when opening folders and other little stuff...
> I can't change the background or set up a homepage...
> when i went to restore, none of the points I set up were there...
> when i want to play music, my windows media player and real one player
> prompt me to install them again..
>
> I can find all of my files when i go to My Computer>>C:drive but
> every time I turn the computer on it's back to symptoms described
> above...
>
> please help

Did you sign on as a different indentity? If so, reboot and sign on as your
normal identity that you had set up your Windows system.

--

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

TRENDING THREADS