Question Computer really slow all of a sudden

Jul 24, 2019
So since a few days ago, my computer has been running really slow (pages taking longer to load, opening applications have been taking longer, random stuttering and freezing while playing games and watching videos, audio glitches - cutting out, and sometimes just unresponsiveness from my computer). Also, when I look in task manager i cant seem to find the application that is slowing it down, and the "System" program is using 20-30 percent and sometimes 50-60 percent while not having anything open.

Computer specs

Windows 10

GPU - Evga geforce 760

CPU - i3 2120 3.30 ghz

RAM - 8GB

110 GB SSD

465 GB Harddrive

So since a few days ago, my computer has been running really slow

Sounds like your system worked just fine till then, and nothing else changed at all in the recent weeks?

Give here screenshots of what exactly you see in Task Manager.
And run a full antivirus scan of your system. Use malwarebytes or anything else different from the windows defender. Maybe Bitdefender is the strongest I've ever seen, but it has some annoying details in it.

Run Hard Disk Sentinel and see Performance and Health.

If not found anything, check drivers. People often go W10 on older systems and the major issues, if any, are with the drivers. So anything intersting in Driver Manager? A missing or a duplicated, or maybe an extra-driver, being unnecessary? You could also include the name of your motherboard.
I wonder what do the newest updates of W10 do right now. I am currently on W7 on my current machine. Have you have enabled auto-updates? I always try to manually install everything I can, regardless of OS I use.

Reset bios....

And if these don't help, I wonder what would happen if you try installing windows 7x64 Ultimate on a partition (well, preferrably on the HDD this time, or even on another storage). Just some quick trial for the experiment.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019
Sounds like your system worked just fine till then, and nothing else changed at all in the recent weeks?

Give here screenshots of what exactly you see in Task Manager.
And run a full antivirus scan of your system. Use malwarebytes or anything else different from the windows defender. Maybe Bitdefender is the strongest I've ever seen, but it has some annoying details in it.

Run Hard Disk Sentinel and see Performance and Health.

If not found anything, check drivers. People often go W10 on older systems and the major issues, if any, are with the drivers. So anything intersting in Driver Manager? A missing or a duplicated, or maybe an extra-driver, being unnecessary? You could also include the name of your motherboard.
I wonder what do the newest updates of W10 do right now. I am currently on W7 on my current machine. Have you have enabled auto-updates? I always try to manually install everything I can, regardless of OS I use.

Reset bios....

And if these don't help, I wonder what would happen if you try installing windows 7x64 Ultimate on a partition (well, preferrably on the HDD this time, or even on another storage). Just some quick trial for the experiment.
Well I’ve been doing a full computer virus scan on my computer since last night, it’s currently been scanning for 14 hours because of how slow my computer has gotten and the constant random freezes. Also, at first I thought it might have been my cpu, but in task manager it shows 99% memory usage with literally only malwarebytes and nvidia shadow play in the background and I have 8 gbs of ram (never had any problems with nvidia before) here’s a picture of task manager (I couldn’t ss anything on my pic because of how slow it is. https://ibb.co/y8FS50z

Last edited:
I usually turn off everything along with the power-button on my PSU when I go to sleep. Even once in the middle of the day for 10-15 minutes if I see things becoming irresponsive or start to run slowly, or if I have a bigger break from the PC. Don't forget ur system isn't among the newest and it still has its limits, including lifespan. Just give it a break sometimes, if it is really just the case.