Question Computer reboots after startup and won't connect to monitor

Jan 10, 2020
Hello there. I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to computers, but I wanted to upgrade my motherboard. My friends helped me out and told me to come here for questions. Basically I'll turn on my computer and it will run for about 10 to 15 seconds before it reboots and does that again. It also won't connect to the monitor. I've tried 2 different power supplies and I've switched out the cords but it doesn't seem to be working.

My Specs:
-Gigabyte ga-b150m-d3h
- 2 sticks of 8 GB ram
-Geforce RTX 2060
-EVGA 750w bronze power supply
-4TB barracuda
-LG GH24NSC0

Dec 15, 2019
There are many things you can try :

• Check if you plugged your display cable to the GPU and not the back of the motherboard (excuse me but this is quite common)
  • Check if the new motherboard is compatible out of the box with your cpu (without any bios updates)
  • Also check if your ram frequency is compatible with your new motherboard's range of accepted ram frequencies
  • Check if you didn't forget to plug any power cables anywhere AND that they are plugged tightly
- If nothing works, you can even try to test your pc out of its case, it worked for someone i helped not long ago : basically his motherboard was mounted helter-skelter because he was too excited, and it was touching the case, causing a short that prevented it from booting.

Feel free to ask!

edit : actually, here is a better checklist : forum link

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020
There are many things you can try :

• Check if you plugged your display cable to the GPU and not the back of the motherboard (excuse me but this is quite common)
  • Check if the new motherboard is compatible out of the box with your cpu (without any bios updates)
  • Also check if your ram frequency is compatible with your new motherboard's range of accepted ram frequencies
  • Check if you didn't forget to plug any power cables anywhere AND that they are plugged tightly
- If nothing works, you can even try to test your pc out of its case, it worked for someone i helped not long ago : basically his motherboard was mounted helter-skelter because he was too excited, and it was touching the case, causing a short that prevented it from booting.

Feel free to ask!

edit : actually, here is a better checklist : forum link
Thanks for the help! I try the things on the list and it seemed to fix it.