Question Computer reboots everu 10-20 minuts after installing a cooler

Jun 23, 2022
Hello,
Yesterday I replaced my cooler, MSI MAGCore Liquid 240R so I can return it on warranty, as it is obviously faulty. I decided to use SilentiumPC Fera 5 until I got a new cooler from warranty. After I installed it, the temps were good (30-40° on idle) but my PC started rebooting every 10-20 minutes with 41 EventID. I reinstalled the old MSI cooler, but the problem stayed. Other than that the computer seems to be doing perfectly fine. What could I do wrong when switching hardware that could cause it? Or maybe it's not even hardware?

My specs:
GeForce GTX1060 6GB
DDR4 Patriot 2x8GB 3600MHzCL18
SSD WD1TBM.2 PCIe NVMe Blue SN550
Intel Core i5-12600K
MSI PROZ690-ADDR4
MSI MPG A650GF 650W 80 Plus Gold

I would do stress test and see if the computer reboots and if it dose could be that yes temps might be good in idle but for that sec could jump to 100 and it reboots computer to protect itself from overheating or other reason could be PSU is faulty., Years ago had the same fault comp restarting replaced with PSU and it works

Jun 23, 2022
It seems that when I run any program that makes my CPU usage more than a few % on the MSI cooler the temps go to 100 degrees, it doesn't immediately reboot but I think it does after a minute or so. I noticed that on MSI cooler where I have 45-70 degrees the computer reboots more often (like 6-10) minutes instead of the better one when it's 30-40 degrees, every 10-20 minutes. But during those 20 minutes the temperature seems stable, even when shutting down. Is it possible that the temperature inside the computer could be different or using some different measure as to reboot the computer?

It seems that when I run any program that makes my CPU usage more than a few % on the MSI cooler the temps go to 100 degrees, it doesn't immediately reboot but I think it does after a minute or so. I noticed that on MSI cooler where I have 45-70 degrees the computer reboots more often (like 6-10) minutes instead of the better one when it's 30-40 degrees, every 10-20 minutes. But during those 20 minutes the temperature seems stable, even when shutting down. Is it possible that the temperature inside the computer could be different or using some different measure as to reboot the computer?

After removel of cooler you need to clean CPU and reapply the paste try this and check the temps

Jun 23, 2022
After removel of cooler you need to clean CPU and reapply the paste try this and check the temps

When I changed it from MSI to Fera 5 the first time I did that, I also cleaned it and changed paste when I switched back again now, but I don't know if that's the problem as the temps are as they always were, no matter how and how much I apply it.