Question Computer reboots when playing Fortnite. Using GTX750ti

DannyITR

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose a problem with my son's computer. When he tries to play Fortnite is randomly reboots several times per day.

The event log says it's Kernel Power Error with Event ID 41. The minidump file says the following:

------------------
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe686f058c460, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8022eb29b3c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b8346c359fcd6093\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys

System Specs:
Core I5 2500S
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
8 Gigs of RAM
Windows 10 pro

I've updated the graphics card driver and tried every other fix mentioned with Event ID 41. Should I just buy a new video card?

DannyITR

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I should also add that my two other sons have similar PCs running Nvidia GT 1030 cards and have no rebooting problems. The 750 ti has higher performance from what I understand.
All three experience lag when playing but maybe my internet connection can't handle 3-4 people playing at once plus Netflix streaming elsewhere in the house?

Before buying anything I would recommend that you do a clean install of Windows 10 on your son's computer; this can fix strange errors like this that seem to have no apparent solution.

Re-install Windows 10 and then update this thread afterword to let us know if the issue has been fixed or if it keeps re-occuring. If it keeps re-occuring then we'll know that its most likely a hardware issue.

DannyITR

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Before buying anything I would recommend that you do a clean install of Windows 10 on your son's computer; this can fix strange errors like this that seem to have no apparent solution.

Re-install Windows 10 and then update this thread afterword to let us know if the issue has been fixed or if it keeps re-occuring. If it keeps re-occuring then we'll know that its most likely a hardware issue.

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and reinstaleld Windows 10. The reboot happened again shortly after im afraid.