Computer refuses to recognize both my monitors or usbs

Trey_5

Reputable
Aug 26, 2016
Today I was playing rust on my PC, I just happened to update to windows 10 the prior night. Out of nowhere my monitor displayed this strange checker sweater patteren, then my screen displayed a patterned black. I shrugged and turned it off, I then turned it back on only to find that both monitors weren't responding and nether was my keyboard, headset, and mouse. I've tried popping out the battery on my motherboard, using the vga on my motherboard, and even pulling out my Ram. I don't know what to do at this point, my fans and everything work inside my computer but input and output devices dont work. Any tips so I don't have to buy whole new computer?

Solution
does motherboard have integrated graphics? if so, see if it shows a picture if you attach one screen to it. d/c the other monitor so its clear where you want picture to be. if it s power problem one less screen and gpu may be enough.

psu/motherboard two of hardest things to test without spares. I would take it to repair store and get them to tell you whats wrong rather than waste money buying parts that may not solve problem.

Trey_5

Reputable
Aug 26, 2016
Amd athlon x4k 760k
Corsair vengeance 8gb ram
Seagate barricade 1tb
Asrock mobo (can't remember specific name)
Evga 500b psu
Msi r9 270x twin frozers
And the case is cougar brand

My computer still turns on, light and fans on the desktop itself will do there thing. My monitors wont get signal, neither of my peripheals get power or signal

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
You can try re-installing drivers.

You could also back up your data then re-format the machine, then use a disk imager (Macrium Reflect Free) or snapshot tool (Rollback rx) to back up your system should there be no issues.

If none of those work, it's a hardware issue.

Trey_5

Reputable
Aug 26, 2016
I dont even have to option to access software on the computer, I can't even get the boot screen up. I have no way of interacting with my computer other then power switch since my system refuses to work. If it's a psu issue I'll just buy new one. If it's a mobo, I'm just gonna get a new pc

Colif

Win 11 Master
does motherboard have integrated graphics? if so, see if it shows a picture if you attach one screen to it. d/c the other monitor so its clear where you want picture to be. if it s power problem one less screen and gpu may be enough.

psu/motherboard two of hardest things to test without spares. I would take it to repair store and get them to tell you whats wrong rather than waste money buying parts that may not solve problem.

Solution