Question Computer refuses to work properly

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Ever since I installed my new motherboard, my computer has stopped working correctly. Sometimes it freezes altogether, as in not even the Caps Lock key works, sometimes it turns on and doesn't read that there is a wireless card plugged in, sometimes it doesn't even read that it's capable of wi fi, and sometimes it just blue screens. It once blue screened twice in a single day. Just a few minutes ago, when I opened Steam it listed most of the games I had installed as uninstalled, but still registered the space that they were installed on as taken up. I'm not certain if I installed my motherboard wrong, if I need a new power supply, or if my hard drive is starting to die.

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Uhmmmm....you did do a fresh install of the Operating System, after installing that MB, didn't you?

I believe I did. I remember speaking to Windows customer service, reading out my product number/code/whatever, and redownloading Windows 10. The computer does work, it just works only like 25% of the time when I boot it up.

UPDATE: now my PC has taken to stopping its signal to the monitor and the monitor turning off because there's no screen. This might not be an issue regarding whatever else is happening, but it doesn't hurt to ask here anyways.

Last edited: