Question Computer Repeatedly crashing to POST - Kernal-Power 41(63)

Flyguybc

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
Hello Friends,

ASRock z370 Extreme4
Intel Core i5 8400
16 GB GSkill DDR4 3200 RAM
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTZ 1080 (Zotac)
Raidmax RX-1000AE Power Supply

So a few days ago I started having my computer just randomly turn off. It was noticeably happening while gaming. Just straight crash to POST. The only thing I could find in the log was the kernel power error.

At this point I've done quite a few things. I've made multiple changes to power plan such as setting to high performance, setting it to never sleep, etc.
I've made sure fast startup is off
I've cleaned out the computer - re-seated everything.
Multiple other fixes I've found on the internet.

I feel confident its not a heat issue. Why? Well I've done monitory and everything has been a reasonable temperatures when the system crashes. Even while gaming.
I don't feel like its the video card because I've run benchmarks/stress tests with no issues.
I don't think its the CPU - I did a pretty thorough Prime 95 torture test and after 2.5 hours it didn't have an issue.
The only thing I can think is maybe the power supply?

So last night after running the stress tests with prime 95 I played Escape from Tarkov for 3-4 hours with 0 crashes. Went to bed, but when I woke up I saw it had crashed 4 different times. 1 at around 330ish, and the rest in the screenshot.

Here are some screenshots of the event viewer and the MSI logs
Imgur Link to screenshots

I would love any opinions or insights. Please and thank you.

EDIT: So someone pointed out my initial RAM wasn't the right kind. I had the wrong type written in the post. The sticker on the RAM says DD4 3200. However, in windows task manager the speed of the RAM is set at 2133mhz?

Last edited:

Flyguybc

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
I'm sorry. Its DD4 3200

So this is weird. The RAM is above....however, when I go to task manager it says the speed is 2133

Also my system has been running fine for years in this configuration.

Flyguybc

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
So I went into the BIOS and changed the RAM to fire at 2666. However, the computer is still crashing on its own.

Just every so often it will restart and throw that error. I don't even have to be at the computer.