[SOLVED] computer repeatedly writes out "6666666666" and so on. How do I fix this?

Jul 13, 2020
This seems to only happen under one circumstance. It seems to only happen if I sign out of my account for at least a few minutes and then sign back in. Then I will click on google search or something and it will not stop typing 6666666666666666666. A restart always seems to fix this so if there is no clear solution then it isn't the end of the world. I am just hoping to find an easy solution to this. I do not have another keyboard to test if it is the keyboard itself but given the circumstances, I seriously doubt it is the keyboard itself.
CPU: intel i5 6600k @ 4.5 GHZ
RAM: 16 GB G.SKILL ripjaws 2133 MHZ
motherboard: Asus Z-170 E
primary drive: Samsung evo 500gb

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
Happened to me last year but it was different, the "6" key was getting pressed every few seconds but not repitedly also happens all the time not only when I sign out, I changed the keyboard but still the same issue, I also plugged it on a different pc and there was no issue, so the only thing I thought of was a malware messing up with my system. I tried it all, scanning with different anti-malware, searching in forums for hours, looking in task manager for any unusual activities but nothing worked... Then I decided to reinstall Windows which finally fixed the issue

D

Deleted member 14196

Happened to me last year but it was different, the "6" key was getting pressed every few seconds but not repitedly also happens all the time not only when I sign out, I changed the keyboard but still the same issue, I also plugged it on a different pc and there was no issue, so the only thing I thought of was a malware messing up with my system. I tried it all, scanning with different anti-malware, searching in forums for hours, looking in task manager for any unusual activities but nothing worked... Then I decided to reinstall Windows which finally fixed the issue
Yep this is what you do to fix things and windows. I don’t even bother with the rest of them I just reinstalled windows when stuff like this happens