[SOLVED] Computer resetting itself

Mar 8, 2019
Hi there,

I built my computer a few years ago and last Christmas I upgraded a bunch of things on it. I haven't had any issues until now (March). Every time I load my a game on my computer, Apex Legends, Black ops, Fortnite anything.. I get to the loading lobby and my computer resets itself. I'm not sure what is going on. I reset my drivers and loaded old ones. I reinstalled the games. Any suggestions? Here is my setup.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
MOB: GIGABYTE Z370P D3
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Black 400R Mid Tower
Power: Corsair CX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus

I heard sometimes PSU's are the issue that are older? but I feel like that should be enough for my set up?

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it!

Solution
Usually random resets are a power supply problem.

May be worth installing something like HWInfo or HWMonitor and checking the voltages you are getting over a period of time. Also check component temperatures as far as possible and ensure you're not encountering a temp problem.

Ensure all drivers etc are up to date and potentially even update your BIOS.

Balance of probabilities is if you can try a different PSU, you probably won't have this problem.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

May be worth installing something like HWInfo or HWMonitor and checking the voltages you are getting over a period of time. Also check component temperatures as far as possible and ensure you're not encountering a temp problem.

Balance of probabilities is if you can try a different PSU, you probably won't have this problem.

Reactions: Mikino
Solution
Mar 8, 2019

Thanks for the info! I did order a new PSU last weekend and I installed it yesterday. No more crashes and resets. Must have been a voltage issue that my board just shut down the computer to not harm the other components. I got the Corsair 850 Gold - Working great so far!

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Fantastic news that you got it "tested" so quickly and that it does appear to be the PSU.
Whilst it can be anything, random power issues / resets etc without any warning is usually a sign of a PSU problem.

Glad it seems to be sorted sir. Happy gaming!