[SOLVED] Computer restarting a few minutes after gaming

Dec 29, 2020
My pc restarts after playing games for like 5 minutes the temps stay around 50°c yet the cpu light flashes on the mobo. I have tried different cpu coolers, driver update bios updates and see if my rams messed up. Also left the pc on all night with no crashes until I opened a game. Any ideas?
Ryzen 5 3600
5700xt
Thermal take 500w psu
Rip jaws 16gb ram

Feb 18, 2021
If your psu is several years old and shutting off as you described it needs to be replaced. My 500w psu behaved is the same way after four years of use.

Dec 29, 2020
I bought it back over the summer. I think I am going to buy a new psu instead of trying the warranty... people were saying that they had trouble with their warranty.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I bought it back over the summer. I think I am going to buy a new psu instead of trying the warranty... people were saying that they had trouble with their warranty.

The warranty doesn't really do anything, it just gets you another likely inappropriate PSU. Thermaltake sells a handful of really good PSUs, a bunch of mediocre ones, and a bunch of dreadful ones, and the ones at the 500W mark tend to be the ones in the latter categories. With a 5700xt? The only Thermaltakes I'd even consider would be the Toughpowers. This is not budget PSU territory.