Computer Restarting Randomly?

jacob45574

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
i recently built a computer (desktop) and sometimes it would just shut off and then it would come on again and say there was a power surge.

Components:
i7-3770 cpu
Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo
Corsair 750cx psu
Corsair Vengance 16gb ram
WD Green 1TB hard drive
NVIDIA GTX GEFORCE 780Ti GPU
TP-LINK 450 WN-D8000 wireless card

It is mostly whenever i am playing Far Cry 3 and am fighting or standing on a mountain looking over a vast landscape when i have the very short reboots. It gets very anoying and i am frustrated with it.i am using a surge protector, but i might get a new one if i cant get the problem to stop. I would appreciate help from anyone. literally anyone.

Solution
It could be a problem with your powersupply, but there is still a slight chance that you really are getting power surges... have you tried plugging it into a different wall socket? Or at another house?

MajorGamer

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2013
It could be a problem with your powersupply, but there is still a slight chance that you really are getting power surges... have you tried plugging it into a different wall socket? Or at another house?

Solution

jacob45574

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

jacob45574

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
MajorGamer said:

I did try plugging it directly into a wall socket and it worked fine for about and hour and then it happened again. I plugged it into my surge protector and then it worked well but it happened again. So i might be getting surges and im not sure. I am thinking about getting one of these -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OFXKFI/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Im not sure if this will help, but if you have expirience with one of these please tell me if it helped. For the past 4 days when i played Far Cry 3 and The walking dead i didnt have these problems, i think it might be my graphics card overheating or to much stress is being put on it, so i got another fan to help pull hot air from the top of the case. If you have an idea of how to fix this problem, please post and answer. :)