computer restarting randomly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brendonmanning

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
hi, ive recently just built a brand new gaming pc with
-intel i5 7400
-gtx 1060
-8gb ddr4
and a asrock b250M pro mboard
the problem i have is that it restarts randomly when playing games. ive downloaded a software called CAM to monitor the temps inside and it says the cpu is running at around 36 degrees C and the gpu is running at around 46 degrees C on load. ive almost had enough with it because i cannot find a solution. ive found in my computers settings an option to stop the computer from restarting when theres a malfunction but im worried that it could damage my computer in some way. would this actually damage my computer if so is there an alternate solution.

Solution
what is your power supply brand and model?
it sounds like a psu problem to me. but you can also try memtest to make sure your ram dimm sticks are still good.
how clean is the inside of your computer? I mean dust wise. dust on fans?
your temperature is fine by the way.

Old group regulated circuit design. Isn't C6/C7/C8 sleep state compatible because its +5v rail's voltage drops below the minimum allowed by ATX12V specs when the system enters one of those sleep states.

brendonmanning

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

so I'm guessing that's a no? what would you recommend? under 150 dollars

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Seasonic-S12G-series-450W-PSU-80Plus-PSUSEAS12G-450W-/111874796909