Computer restarting randomly

Dylan_111

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
My computer keeps randomly restarting. While I play a game, browse the desktop, etc. Any fixes? I replaced the power supply already and still no fix.

Solution

Update...
After hours of fustration, i managed...

Dylan_111

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

- I have a
Corsair VS450W PSU
GTX 1050TI GPU (no external x pin connecter)
I3 2100 CPU
4 GB RAM
- I've had this problem occur randomly as a switched on my computer one day, and i was inbetween a League of Legends game.
-I didnt make any changes, other than me switching the power supply, but my old one STILL had the problem.

However, i have 2x2GB RAM and i took one of them out and my computer lasted longer, but still restarted. happened with both sticks. if that helps..

Dylan_111

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

After the restart it said that no errors were detected.

4gb is not really enough ram for a pc these days , my spare none games rig only has 4gb ram and if an av scan or updates kick in whilst surfing it almost stops me typing which begs the question why do some pc manufacturers build with only 4 gb ram.

Victor_3

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
my home desktop does the same thing, and this last for a good amount of months without finding a solution. My father complains that even when playing cards game or browsing, the computer freezes and then restarts, does this also happen to you? The freezing part?

Last year by summer I took the PC to the store where I bought it and they had computer running all day for 2/3 days with benchmarks and heavy stuff running and they said that he didn't restart and nothing happen.

Right now, I'm guessing it might have something to do with USB ports, one time I disabled the "Legacy USB" and it last about 2 months without problems but now it's doing the same.

Note: CPU temps are a tiny bit high (70º idle - but it's AMD so...) but barely reach the 90º where he should turn off for security

Dylan_111

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

I see what you mean, ive been thinking of upgrading to 1x8GB of RAM anyways, however 4GB should be enough for a computer regardless

Dylan_111

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder why it would be the USB ports though... i have tried switching my keyboard and mouse to the front usb ports instead and still restarted.

My CPU temps reach 50 max when playing games

Sounds like the store you went to is lying then if its still restarting on your end.

No matter what solutions i find it still restarts ... damn.

never trust a store that says they ran it all day without a problem.... I caught out 1 shop who would not refund on a faulty pc a few years ago,, they claimed all staff had been using my pc all day playing Wolfenstein... I opened the game and said ok so how come there are not autosaves , it was set for 1 every 20 mins. !

Dylan_111

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

i just tried opening google chrome and spamming new tabs untill i couldnt anymore. all it did was slow down my computer. no restart.

Victor_3

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
I wonder why it would be the USB ports though... i have tried switching my keyboard and mouse to the front usb ports instead and still restarted.

USB were known and some still are for causing BSOD when malfunction occur.

However, i have 2x2GB RAM and i took one of them out and my computer lasted longer, but still restarted.

This is interesting since my desktop is also 4GB of RAM... I wonder if there are some incompatibility between Windows 10 and 4GB of Ram...maybe...your best bet (and mine since we're on the same boat) is upgrading the memory sticks

Edit: check this
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1882087/bad-ram-card-computer-constantly-restart-freeze.html

Dylan_111

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

Update...
After hours of fustration, i managed to succesfully play a game of League of Legends without any restarts!
What i did was take out and put back in my;
- Graphics Card
- Wireless Card
- RAM
All three of them i reseated, booted up my PC and started working!
Of course ill tell you if it restarts again.. heck it might restart right now! Im just hoping this is a permanent solution.

Solution