[SOLVED] Computer restarting when opening games.

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Ok so Here is what happened I loaded one of my Steam games and I got a blue screen crash and at the bottom it said something along the lines of KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE.
So I googled how to fix that and I followed this guide. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...-error-kernel-security-check-failure.2752277/
So when I clicked ‘Automatically select unsigned drivers, After clicking that nothing appeared so I clicked the next one which is Automatically select drivers built for older versions of Windows’ and click Next, and Something that said Kernel security popped up Click I clicked next and it said I needed to restart but for some odd reason I clicked the next things on the list which the guide said nothing about which is Automatically select all drivers on this computer and the restart thing appeared so I restarted. And all of this started happening after I did the whole verifier thing. I notice it also has slow load times on programs now. And is laggy a bit.

None of this was happening before. Until I tried to fix that kernel thing. I really just want to start over Cause this computer is a month old here are the specs. Would reinstalling windows fix this or does anyone have another idea for fixing the issue. I'd hate to reinstall windows cause i would lose everything unless there is a way to keep all my programs.

CPU RYZEN 5 3600
2X CORSAIR VENG 8G 3000MHZ
ASUS RTX 2060 SUPER
B450-F MOBO
PSU evga 850w 80+ gold

Note: I ran a memory diagnostic test and no problems were detected.

I am in BIOS right now I am looking under voltage and it says +12v 11.902 v +5v 4.986 +3.3v 3.335v

Update: I shut down the computer and click the power button on the PSU and rebooted now I am in rust will update

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Driver Verifier will slow down the PC as effectively it is stressing all of the background drivers to test their stability and if they could have caused your BSOD. It is perfectly normal for performance to take a hit. Unfortunately, that is the sacrifice made to try and identify a faulty module.

Performing a clean install can help if it is indeed a third party driver issue, and you don't reinstall the same faulty driver.

To clarify, when you say in the title the PC is restarting, I don't notice you mention that in your thread outside of the BSOD, does it simply cut off power when you start a game or are you only getting BSOD?

Can you confirm what exactly model EVGA it is?
Also do you have latest BIOS installed?
Do you have latest drivers installed (including MB/Chipset) NOT using a driver updater app?
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps under load?

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
It does not Blue Screen it just turns black and restarts Temps are impossible to monitor because it cuts off so fast but before playing temps are fine. This is the PSu
It is EVGA
So there is a update tho I Shut the PC off and click the power button on the PSu and unplugged it and powered back on and it will run the game now fine. PLayed 5 hours straight but I still feel like something is not running as smooth.
I have 2703 or 4 the one That allows you to use the Ryzen 5 3600 for ASUS.

You seem like you have good suggestions tho Can you give me a few things That I should do and how to do them like How to make sure I have the Latest driver not using the updater.

Also if I did the Clean install using the windows fresh start things or w.e it is. Will I lose all my files?

Note: I am using Unactivated windows Home 64 bit. I should not be having this Kernel Security thing pop up when it did BSOD I do not think that is normal. So I basically just want to fix everything the right way. It never did any of this Until I started messing with things.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Also if I did the Clean install using the windows fresh start things or w.e it is. Will I lose all my files?
If the files are on your C drive yes, whatever drive you install the OS to, it will wipe and reinstall. The files on your secondary drives will be unaffected.

Being as you got a kernel check I would:
- Open an elevated command prompt, type in SFC /Scannow and CHKDSK /r and see what happens - you'll need to leave it for a little bit whilst it does this.

As for driver updates, simply go to the manufacturers website of your particular devices and install directly from there, all of your MB and Chipset drivers can be found on your motherboard manufacturers page. You say you have a B450-F, but not necessarily which one, which is it?

Nov 12, 2019
try to connect your hdd with another cable from psu.it worked for me.just connect to another cable from psu.my computer was restarting every time i try to instal something or copy ,the fault was my cable from psu