[SOLVED] Computer Restarting when starting a certain game

gummybear4297

Prominent
Feb 15, 2020
So recently I built a new computer. Everything has been going fine until I went to start up my favorite game, rust. Every time I load up Rust my computer shuts itself off and turns back on. I’ve tried lowering all my settings to the lowest and got no luck. Sometimes I can get as far as loading into a server and playing for about 5 minutes before the restart happens, or I can get to the main menu and it happens. I’ve tried 10 different games and never had a problem on any other game. I even ramped up my settings on each game to max to see if that would do anything. I’ve also stress tested my computer parts with various different softwares and it never did it. I don’t know why Rust is the only game that does this, if someone can help that’d be much appreciated.

Solution
No I have not, how do you do that?
In device manager under display or something like that I'm not 100% certain what it's labeled anymore I'm tired right now not at a PC. Right click the card, there should be a roll back driver option if not there in the properties tab somewhere if it won't let you there you will have to uninstall the card and and download a older driver from nvidia
So recently I built a new computer. Everything has been going fine until I went to start up my favorite game, rust. Every time I load up Rust my computer shuts itself off and turns back on. I’ve tried lowering all my settings to the lowest and got no luck. Sometimes I can get as far as loading into a server and playing for about 5 minutes before the restart happens, or I can get to the main menu and it happens. I’ve tried 10 different games and never had a problem on any other game. I even ramped up my settings on each game to max to see if that would do anything. I’ve also stress tested my computer parts with various different softwares and it never did it. I don’t know why Rust is the only game that does this, if someone can help that’d be much appreciated.
Did you uninstall and reinstall rust "yes fully, and yes i know how donting this can be

Well I tried uninstalling it and I downloaded it again and same thing. I also tried running the staging branch for rust, same thing happened. I don’t know how to fully uninstall or if i’m doing it right though
Wait rust is a steam game is it not? You should be able to go to steam locate rust in your liabary. Right click goto to game settings verify and verify game settings.

No I have not, how do you do that?
In device manager under display or something like that I'm not 100% certain what it's labeled anymore I'm tired right now not at a PC. Right click the card, there should be a roll back driver option if not there in the properties tab somewhere if it won't let you there you will have to uninstall the card and and download a older driver from nvidia

Solution