Status
Not open for further replies.

adik559

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
My computer keeps restarting and i'm kinda lost as to why, now i admit my computer is a piece of sh*t, at first i thought it was my hard drive, my second hard drive (i'm on right now) is doing the same thing, so now i don't think it's the hard drive, i thought it could've been the cpu, but i'm thinking if it is (due to another posting here) there is no sense of changing that. well i was looking at the event viewer and i realized all the errors said the same thing, it says: "Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This operation returned because the timeout period expired." there is 5 of them within 40 minutes, but it only restarted once during these times, first, if someone can help is, what does that error from event viewer mean? Thanks to anyone that helps, this is an ongoing problem that i have, if i can't figure this out then i'm going to use memtest for my ram, if that still don't work, then maybe a cheap PSU, and if that don't work, look for a sucker to buy this.

Status
Not open for further replies.