Computer restarts but it's not the PSU.

Senerade

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
So i have asked his question before but got no response after a while of trying a few things. one of the main things everyone thought was that the psu might be bad and restarting my pc when i would play a game or just be browsing the internet. I got a new psu and it did the same thing after a while. i was told maybe it might be my motherboard power settings by a friend and that when the board gets a power fluctuation it resets itself because that's what it thinks it has to do. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H. if anyone else has any suggestions let me know.

Senerade

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Well i had to update the bios when i first got the motherboard because it has a bug where it doesnt work well with the graphics card right off the bat.

Windows 8.1 x64
Intel i5-3570k
Gigabyte motherboard Z77-DS3H
Nividia GeForce GT 640
PNY pc3-12800 DDR3 8GB ram
PSU is now a Corsair 850w tx850m (brand new and just put it in, had the same problem with the old psu which was a 650w solid gear)

So it doesnt seem o be the psu.

TheMentalist

Distinguished
Can you try the system out without the graphics card?
Check eventviewer and see what errors or warnings there is before/after the restart.
Also, is the restart random or is does it happen after about the same amount of time.

Senerade

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
It's very random, it can go for a long time without doing it or even a day or two. I'll take a look at the event viewer and see if i can find anything out.