Computer restarts / has unspecified error for shutdown.

JamesHarden76

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
I built my pc in Apirl it was the first pc that I built so I was pretty excited. These past few weeks it has restarted on me at least three times. I went to the event viewer and there were errors because object reference was not set to an instance of the object.No idea what that means.. also here is some code I dont know if its helpful but here it is. Log Name: Application
Source: SetupARService
Date: 8/17/2014 12:03:44 PM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Jeremy-PC
Description:
Service cannot be started. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SetupAfterRebootService.SetupARService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="SetupARService" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-08-17T17:03:44.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>4494</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Jeremy-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Service cannot be started. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SetupAfterRebootService.SetupARService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)</Data>
</EventData

JamesHarden76

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
Sure it seems to happen randomly not during gaming or anything specific like that. I guess it seems to occur within 15 minutes(I think at least) of turning it on. I can give you system specs if you need them.
Corsair Cx750m power supply.
MSI B85-G41 1150 intel motherboard.
Corsair vengeance (2x4gb) ddr3.
i5-4670k cpu
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card
Any help would be appreciated.

JamesHarden76

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
Also it does not very often but it does occur. I checked temperatures and everything seems alright. I disabled automatic restart so hopefully I can get an error screen if it does it again. I also did a memory check to see if that was an issue and nothing came back.

TRENDING THREADS