Computer restarts on benchmarking

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Hello

I ran Firestrike 1.1 benchmark a few times without any restarting issues. Now I've been getting random restarts while running the benchmark, if the computer starts back up it says:

"Power supply surges detected during the previous power on.
ASUS Anti-Surge was triggered to protect from unstable power supply unit!
Press F1 to Run SETUP"

So I am actually trying to overclock my GPU and after overclocking running a benchmark. Can it be the issue?

Specs:

PSU: Corsair CX600M
Motherboard: Asus z170 pro gaming
CPU: I5 6600k (overclocked to 4.6GHz)
GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g (Core Voltage (mV) locked , Core Clock (MHz) +170 , Memory Clock (MHz) +160 , Power Limit (%) 110 , Temp. Limit (Celsius) 91)

If you would need more information about something, I'd be happy to give.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Solution
if it doesnt do it with the gpu at stock speed then yes its your overclock

got the same graphics card you should be able to add a small amount of extra voltage to it

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

Thanks for the anserw.

Yes I am abled to add a small amount of extra voltage but I heard it damages the GPU so I am not sure at all if I have balls to touch it.

looks like your psu is junk to me.

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

Yes I know that its not the best PSU, but have been using it for 2 years and does good so far.

I can try 87mV but then its maxed out for me lol, I can't put more than 87mV

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
So, I tried to run the benchmark with stock clocks. Unfortunately it did the same thing.
Interesting is that it always crashes on the same place. So it can also be the fault of the program?
Adding more that I'm using Windows 10 64-bit and also I have Power Limit on 110% and temp limit on 91celsius. All the other things are stock.
I can't see any overheating aswell.

Quick update: As the cx-series psu cables are junk and won't usually go in perfectly, should i try to push them?

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
So for now I actually replugged 24pin connector and tried to push it in as hard as I can.. The Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 ran without a single restart for now... So it may have been 24pin connector? Or just because i unplugged power cable for like 10 or more minutes? Or i was just lucky this time lol?

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
One more thing... I've been having issues with BSOD at the moment .. Just now ran into the BSOD once again. I am quite sure that its not PSU anymore.. I've also tested my components, so i should actually reinstall my windows to get it solved?

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

Okay, but what is causing cpu overclock crashes? Is it a PSU again? Because I am sure that its not the motherboard or cooler or something like that .. Few days it ran absolutely fine like that on 4.6ghz , then it started crashing etc
Also i think that 600w psu is enough to feed 4.6ghz cpu.
I'd really like to run on 4.6ghz with this cpu.. It's not even that high clock i think.

ElectronGuyzz

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

I was using 1.345 , increased it to 1.360 , i'll test it out.