Computer restarts randomly and then rattles

Qwertyfish01

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I was playing a game just now, and a pretty light game too, Automation The Car Company Tucoon Game, and all of a sudden my computer turned off for about 5 seconds, and turned back on with a rattling sound, but it didn't sound like it came from the hard drive. It was from the graphics card and power supply area, and it soon stopped when I got to my lock screen. I turned it off immediately but, what do you think it was?

Solution

Just because it's new doesn't mean a fan bearing couldn't be defective. But if they are all working, that is very good. The GPu fans should be blowing up onto the heatsink of it, so the airflow is away from the PSU. There really isn't anything else that would make a rattling sound...

Qwertyfish01

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

The build is only about 1 month old so there can't be any dust and the fans are fine. However the way everything is laid out the gpu fans blow directly down, onto the psu about an inch below it and next to the psi, a mess of psu cables that I am not using. Also I may have just accidentally pulled out the power cord with my foot I realize, I will try starting it up and see what happens. I'm kinda scared :(

Just because it's new doesn't mean a fan bearing couldn't be defective. But if they are all working, that is very good. The GPu fans should be blowing up onto the heatsink of it, so the airflow is away from the PSU. There really isn't anything else that would make a rattling sound...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS