Question Computer restarts randomly without BSOD while light gaming, not overheating, somewhat pricey 4 month old prebuilt. Mostly generic Event 41s but.....

pixieplease

Honorable
Aug 13, 2018
I bought this prebuilt PC 4 months ago from CyberPowerPC. I customized the parts a little so my actual PC parts list is right here. Most of the Event Viewer errors I get are generic Event 41/Task 63/Kernel-Power errors like this one (+ full list of all the ones I've gotten since purchasing this PC) but I do have a few Event 18s like this one (+ full list of all the ones I've gotten since purchasing this PC). I have only noticed it restarting recently though, so I wonder how many times it has done this overnight or when I wasn't home. Since the event 18s are new, I do worry some damage is happening to my CPU or something..

My first thought was overheating, so I've kept NZXT CAM open on my 2nd monitor at all times while I play stuff and check it constantly. It never comes anywhere close to overheating (CPU maybe ~55-78 celsius depending on the game). I don't think the games I play are even very graphically intensive (Phasmophobia, Two Point Hospital, League sometimes..) either.

My second thought was something unrelated to my PC. A couple of months before I purchased this PC, I moved to a new house that was built in the 20s. Most of the outlets were extremely old, and my old PC wouldn't even power on in this room so I had to have it in a different room instead. We had an electrician come in and replace the outlets before I got this new PC and voila, my old and new PC worked in here finally. However, I am wondering if (even though it has enough power to run for the most part) this room still doesn't have quite enough power to run my PC under all conditions. Could this be the culprit? Sadly now that the house is settled in, I don't think I can really use this PC in another room for an extended period of time (which I'd need to to really see if that's the issue) but is there another way to test this? Would getting a long extension cable and stretching it to this room be a good way to test it?

My BIOS is also not updated (about 5-6 versions behind).. should I try to update it? I'm a little scared and don't really know how. I've heard it's not worth it unless you really need to try and fix a problem, which I do.. but if a BIOS update can't fix an issue like this I'd probably rather not.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what this could be or any advice you have. Also wondering if I should try to replace my PSU after reading some horror stories, but my PSU is really decent and only 4 months old. My computer is still well under warranty, but I use this for work so I am a bit apprehensive to mail it 2,600 miles to California just yet.

Thanks kindly in advance!

pixieplease

Honorable
Aug 13, 2018
Have any friends who would lend you a PSU to test in your system?
I sadly do not.. but I honestly feel like I should just buy a new one and try it, and if it doesn't fix it oh well at least I have a replacement PSU if anything goes awry. I'm definitely leaning towards the PSU as well anyway, I'm just paranoid I'm gonna fry something else (CPU or Mobo) haha. What do you think?