Computer restarts randomly without warning

umalpz

Prominent
May 7, 2017
I mostly play Dota 2 but occasionally I dabble in a few other games. About 2 weeks ago, my computer began restarting randomly with no warning. At first it only happened when playing against bots but recently it happened while playing against other people.

I thought it was just Dota but then I played Dying Light and the same thing happened. I want to see what other people think the problem is. I think it is the power supply but I wanted to check.

There is no blue screen, no warning, and all temps are looking normal. It only happens when there is something major happening.

Solution
It sounds like a PSU problem to me. Try running a stress-test like aida64 or Cinebench and see if you crash again. It may be time for a new PSU.

g0lliver123

Prominent
May 11, 2017
Open your PC, check all wiring and connections. Disconnect one of your fans. Run tweaking repair from tweaking.com

I had the same. I did that and it worked

I really think just disconnecting one fan was enough - maybe it was pushing my PSU over its limit. Try it... it worked for me

umalpz

Prominent
May 7, 2017

It was the PSU. I bought a new one and haven't had any problems.

umalpz

Prominent
May 7, 2017

I tried this at first. It helped but the computer still restarted when under stress for about 25 min. A new PSU fixed everything though.