Computer restarts under certain circumstances.

Mar 18, 2018
I have been having this issue for a few weeks now, and have tried a few fixes. one worked for a day, but then the problem would keep happening. the problem in particular is that my computer will immediately restart under very certain circumstances (always game related) in deceit it would happen when two infected are on the screen, in fallout 4, certain dialogue lines would do it, among others. i have checked the system logs and was given the error code 0x80041003 I do not know what causes this, but i was instructed to run "Test.vbs" with a certain program written in. this worked for a day then my computer auto restarted (as i instruct it to do on Thursday at 3 am) and when i tried running the script again, it would not work. i have cleaned my computer, reset the ram, run memory cleaner, and closed everything but the game, steam, and resource manager. when looking at resource manager, neither the ram nor the CPU is being maxed out, at most they will be at 70-80%. I do not know what the problem is, nor do i know how to fix it at this point. Any and all help would be appreciated at this point, my computer specs are as follows:
MB: MSI B85-g41 pc mate
GPU: GTX 1060 FTW
CPU: I5-3350P ivy bridge quad 31ghz
PSU: Corsair CX600
Memory: 2X g.Skill ripjaws x serieces 4gb
windows 7

If you have any questions I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Can you elaborate this:
was instructed to run "Test.vbs"

If the source of that vbs file is unknown, it'a a fair chance that malware is installed into your computer.

Exept from that - there is a whole lot of possible causes, some common:
- Corrupted RAM
- Failure on motherboard. Bad capacitors is quite common.
- Bad driver for gpu or soundcard.
- Malware, rootkits etc.

Mar 18, 2018
The file was made and run by myself, the code was given by the support team of Microsoft. this link here will show the code used, it deleted certain files that were causing this, however it only worked until the computer restarted. and i can assure you it is not malware. failure of the motherboard is possible as it is about 8 years old now. i have all my drivers up to date, however the ram is just as old. i was planing on upgrading soon anyway, but i wanted to know if there is a software fix i could do to stop this problem.

TRENDING THREADS