[SOLVED] Computer Restarts when Opening Games & Stress Test

Nov 24, 2021
About a week ago, I left my computer running overnight. When I checked the next day, my computer would immediately reboot when the game started. I usually just played Apex or CS: GO. I scanned for malware (Windows and McAfee), uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent Nvidia graphics drivers, and reinstalled Windows 10 (saving my files). I also tried some stress tests, and my CPU performed regularly (Intel Burn Test), not overheating or rebooting my computer. I moved to the GPU stress test (Furmark) and noticed my computer would reboot immediately after clicking go. I checked the temperature, and they seemed fine. I also took out the GPU, checked and cleaned it. Nothing has changed, and I'm debating taking my computer into a computer store (Micro Center). Any advice on potential fixes?

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

PSU: CORSAIR RM Series RM650 CP-9020194-NA 650 W ATX12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply]

Case: NZXT H510

Monitor: Acer KG-1Q

(newbie at computer stuff, first pc, built about a month and a half ago)

Solution
Hey there,

Have you updated your bios? I'd prob start there. If that doesn't make a difference, then the signs point to a PSU issue.

It has been advised here before by jonnyguru, that issues with RTX and MSI mobo's can be resolved with a bios update.

TRENDING THREADS